Shockoe Bottom Crossfit
Yoga/Striking/Massage Therapy also available!!
CONNECTRead Our Blog
Shockoe Bottom CrossFit is Downtown Richmond, Shockoe Valley, and Church Hill’s most dedicated team of Professional trainers and athletes that is transforming the definition of fitness. Our coaches lead classes that combine Olympic and Power style weightlifting, Gymnastics, and Metabolic Conditioning to turn any given person into an athlete and athletes into great athletes!
Who will Benefit from our health and fitness training programs? Quite Simply-EVERYONE! Women and men alike, whether you are out of shape or a prime athlete that needs extra training, we can help you lose weight, gain muscle, become more fit and healthier than you have ever been in your life. We will introduce you to literally hundreds of movements and ingrain them into your muscle memory so you will begin to move efficiently and effectively. Every single person that comes into SBC is part of this team. To us a team is all about community and friendship. So we will never let a teammate or a friend give up on the goals that pushed them to walk through our doors. As we walk newcomers through the process of learning crossfit and associated lifts, people become amazed by the short amount of time that they start seeing results in their bodies and abilities. People see results with us so quickly because we are unique to the industry. We don’t take the easy way out, were here for the long haul, and our goal is to get you to your goals. To do that, our coaches have the most experience of any gym in Richmond across all fitness genres. Two VCU athletic coaches, Iron Man competitors, Collegiate athletes, USAW level 2 weightlifting coaches, and seasoned personal trainers make up the group that will push, teach and mentor you in all aspects fitness and life!
What is CrossFit?
Pay us a visit , call, or schedule a FREE workout today and join our family now!
Why are We Different?
- Our 5,000 sqft Facility(including a shower room, AC, parking) houses the best equipment and a spacious amount of room for each person to work safely and efficiently
- The benefits of Crossfit and strength training are widely known, making some gyms in the area crowded, big box gyms that are impersonal and cold. We refuse to let that happen so we keep our class sizes small so every athlete can have the space/equipment and coaching they need to progress. This is our most distinguishing factor: You will not get lost in the crowd at SBCF. We care enough to keep our classes small so you get what you deserve.
- We offer Introductory on Ramp classes, Level 1 and 2 CrossFit, an Olympic/Power strength conditioning program, yoga, and Mobility classes.
- All members receive individual goal planning and physical statistical analysis through our interactive website.
- Specialized programming is available for the specific needs of each person. Consultations will determine best course of action to reach your goals.
- If you aren’t able to make a class time, take advantage of our equipment on your own. You can do the workout of the day (WOD) or just get a quick lift in during our open gym sessions.
- All of our coaches have made the pursuit of fitness their life goals: being involved in collegiate sports, sports science, coaching multiple sports, obtaining multiple certifications and degrees, and long careers in crossfit and Olympic weightlifting. This is not part time for us, its our passion!
- Simply put, you cant beat us
“Shockoe Bottom Crossfit was the perfect work out for me as a med student at MCV. I started working out with SBC at the end of M2 and found that the 1 hour sessions fit perfectly into my “crunch month” schedule and were a really good way to blow off stress. I had played sports all my life but never attempted any Olympic style lifts before starting… Alex and his coaching team are patient, skilled, and amazing at taking you from ground zero basics to feeling comfortable lifting next to old pros. No matter what level you’re at physically, weekend warriors to former collegiate athletes, crossfit will challenge everyone individually because the weight you put on and how fast you finish is all up to you. But really, the best part about SBC was the awesome people you’ll meet and team spirit you’ll get to be a part of at every work out.”
- Meghan Richardson, MCV Class of 2014